Fr. Evangelos is available to speak on: Liturgical Appreciation, Returning to the Church and the Actions of the Holy Spirit among others. Learn more »
Fr. Angelo S. Pepps is a seasoned speaker who has seen great growth in the communities he has served, including increases in membership, resources, and most importantly, in people coming to enjoy their full inheritance in Christ. Father grew up in San Antonio, TX and spent seven years at Hellenic College/Holy Cross School of Theology where he was valedictorian in 1979, named (2x) to Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities and was president of the Orthodox Inter-Seminary Movement and the HC Missionary Committee. Fr. Angelo has had the honor of learning from Frs. Anthony Coniaris and Nicholas Triantafilou both of whom he served in their respective communities as YOUth and Campus Minister, chief cantor, etc.
Father Angelo’s articles have appeared in the Orthodox Observer, Solia, The Sword and Again Magazine and he has been heard on numerous television and radio stations. He is also the founder of Share The Faith Ministries.
Fluent in Greek, with a working knowledge of Spanish, Fr. Evangelos is a popular speaker, known for his unifying Sunday of Orthodoxy sermons in large metropolitan areas around the country. He has also enjoyed speaking on many college campuses including prominent universities throughout America. Living in Thessalonica Greece for one year, he was able to explore many other places including Mt. Athos (4x), Patmos, Istanbul, Ochrid, England, Bulgaria, Egypt, Mt. Sinai and the Holy Lands. The Pepps (Papakonstantinou in gk.) currently live in Kalamazoo, MI where Father Angelo, his wife Susan and three teenage children are attached to Holy Ascension parish in Albion. With other believers, he initiated the Orthodox Christian Outreach to Greater Portage, MI (OCOGPM), which offers educational, worship, fellowship and service opportunities to those wanting to live and worship the way the first Christians did. Their demographics include 40K college students who live in the area.
Update: Father Angelo just returned from serving the faithful of Project Mexico’s boys home and missionary outreach in Baja California. This follows a fairly recent eleven days at Guatemala City’s Hogar Rafael (Orphanage). An upcoming regular program of Share The Faith soon to be posted at www.hellenicheartbeat.com, is “OYA: Orthodox YOUth on the Air”, brief heartfelt relevant messages to motivate young people and young adults to want to follow Christ and serve His holy Church.
About to be published:
- True Life in Christ
- A Brief History of the Traditional Church Calendar
- Why the Orthodox Church has Condemned Many Teachings of Free-Masonry: A Pastoral Approach
In process of writing:
- Quenching Your Spiritual Thirst: Stories of Those Who Found What They Were Looking For
- The Prophetic Nature of the Church
A few of Father’s Favorite Topics:
- Enjoying the Liturgy and our Full Orthodox Inheritance in Christ.
- Motivating Lapsed Orthodox to Re-discover and Return to the Faith of Their Fathers.
- Attracting and Keeping College Students and YOUth.
- Tripling Parish Stewardship Within a Few Short Years - In some cases, Viable!
- Purification, Illumination and Charismata of the Holy Spirit - The Life-Giving Tradition of the Holy Spirit according to St. Simeon the New Theologian and Fr. John Romanides of blessed memory.
Other Topics Include:
- Peace through Prayer, Patience, Work and a few prostrations.
- “How to (greatly) Grow Your Parish” workshop.
- Synergistic and Enjoyable Parish Administration.
- Treasures for America
- Pre-Schism Saints of the West: Including the remarkable story of St. Brendan, 6th century Navigator to the Americas.
- Transfiguring Your World Through Reaching, Reconciling and Restoring.
- Fulfilling Our True Orthodox Calling by Being Balanced, Catholic, Apostolic and Evangelical.
- On the End of This World and the Beginning of the Next.
“Very capable leader with proven record of inspiring growth in parishes he has served” Fr. Theodore Kyritsis, Greek Orthodox Radio Hour
“Knows how to motivate youth and young adults to want to follow Christ and thus, grow your community” Louie Mossos, Chicago
“Captivating speaker who can keep your audience wanting more” Dr. Paul Maier, author, professor WMU, and noted speaker
“Excellent speaker, teacher and motivator” Fr. Nicholas Kossis, Bethlehem, PA, retired Greek Orthodox priest.
“Fr. Angelo was used by God to turn our church around so we could have a real future” Vicki Klaras, Senior Lecturer, Baylor U, Waco, TX
“…….will refresh your audience with some of the most interesting stories of our Faith. Fr. Angelo knows the Scriptures and Tradition, our history, chanting, and the original Greek very well. As was our parish who brought him to give a retreat on “Examining life thru the Liturgy” I think you will be very pleased with this man who motivates people to Christ and His Church” Fr. Michael Shanbour, Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese
“…reaches the hearts of adults and kids alike to want to follow Christ and live the Gospel” — Geoffrey Bray Executive Director, Project Mexico
” very encouraging… genuinely caring…sermon spoke to my heart.”
— Atty. Carroll Creighton, member of St Stephen the First Martyr, Lima OH