Grace is available to speak on: Iconography, Art and more »
Additional Information: Athella Iconography
Grace Zazzaro grew up in New York in a large family. She has always felt that she had a calling that led her to all the great experiences and opportunities she’s had in life. Art, design, and art-history have been her passion which has led her to an in-depth study of Christian Iconography. Her passion combined with a commitment to help others understand the spiritual side of life has enabled her to reach others and impact their lives as well. Grace’s education began at The Art Institute of Chicago where she studied arts and sciences. Her iconographic training was under the Izograph School of Iconography based out of Moscow, Russia. She has traveled to England, Ireland, France, Russia, and Italy to immerse herself in culture, history, and ancient art and is currently the president of the Connecticut Association of Fine Arts (CAFA).
Presently Grace is an art gallery coordinator, fundraiser, and is a renowned Iconographer for churches and special private collections. Aside from lecturing on countless topics that include Icons, history, painting, egg tempera, pigments, materials and making paint in college level courses at churches and schools, she offers private icon painting lessons at her studio, Athella Iconography, located in Mystic, Connecticut. Grace currently lives in Mystic with her husband Richard, and their two daughters.
TV and Radio Appearances
- Has Lectured multiple times on the talk show The Voice of Orthodoxy
- Interviewed on the T.V. show Cross Roads on OR T.V.
- Front cover and feature article in the local Day newspaper (October 2003)
- The Mystic River Press Magazine
- Interviewed by Everyday People with Ann Buonocore news talk radio 980am WXLM (May 2012)
- Process of making an Icon
- History and Theology of Icons
- Egg Tempera and Materials of the iconographer used in making Icons for a hands on lecture
- Theophanes the Greek Iconographer
- Andrei Rublev, the Russian Iconographer
- Pictorial lecture on Russia, and its’ The Golden Ring (historical map of cities important to history of Russian Orthodoxy)
- Pictorial lecture on Rome and its importance to Orthodoxy